I love making Secret Santa gifts or housewarming gifts. This is a Gingerbread House Tote that I created using Murdock Country Creation's Gingerbreadhouse paper I love its whimsical feel. Tomorrow I will show you the Hot Cocoa Pack Wraps that I made to go inside the tote. Here is the view of the inside of the tote:
Supplies you will need:
Antique Green Polished Stone Paper (Green Tea -also works), Cinnamon Stick Polished Stone Paper Gingerbread House Paper - (Murdock Country Creations), Snow Writer (Deco Art), Glamour Dust (deco Art),lime green brads (American Crafts),1” wide green grosgrain ribbon (not shown in photo- so you can see the Gingerbread House),Glue Lines (Glue Lines), and chipboard. Christmas Cheer ribbon, Christmas Cheer Tags, Trees & Baubles Paper all from Creative Imaginations. Score-it Board for scoring box.
1. Cut the Antique Green polished stone paper to 8 ½ x 11”.
2. Score 1 ¼” in on the long side (repeat to both right and left side of paper)
3. Turn your paper 45 degrees and score at 4 ½” ( repeat to the left and right side of the paper)
4. Cut the 4 short score lines to form the flaps for the bottom of your tote.
5. Place adhesive on the tabs and fold into a tote. Add adhesive where necessary.
6. Trim the Trees & Baubles border paper into borders and cut the tree border into two 6” strips. Adhere one strip to front of tote and the other to the back of the tote. Add Happy Holidays tag and secure with brad.
7. Cut a 18” piece of Christmas Cheer ribbon and adhere around the top of tote.
8. Cut a 12” piece of 1” wide grosgrain ribbon for the handle and adhere a 12” strip of the 3/8” Christmas cheer ribbon (note: this ribbon is reversible with polka dots on one side and Christmas words on the other side) to the center of the grosgrain. I recommend using Scotch Tacky Adhesive to attach the two ribbons or you can sew the ribbon in place.
9. Adhere to sides of tote hiding edges of ribbon under Christmas cheer border on tote.
10. From the Gingerbread House paper cut out the section of paper that is the Gingerbread House and adhere it to a 5 7/8" x 9" chipboard. Use the leftover sky from the paper to cover the excess chipboard below the gingerbreadhouse. Since the backside of the gingerbreadhouse will be exposed showing your chipboard cover the backside with Cinnamon Stick Polished Stone Paper. Cut out the gingerbread house.
11. This is a great project for using up the snow writer left inside your bottle. Use a palette knife to scoop snow out of the bottle and frost the roof of the gingerbread house as if you were frosting a cake. Next place snow on the ground in front of the house to cover where the sky paper meets the gingerbread house. Place the cover back on the snow writer bottle and add snow to the trees, tops of windows and base. Cover the chipboard edge of the roof with snow writer as well. Sprinkle with Glamour dust and set aside to dry.
12. Now place the gingerbread man and girl from the Gingerbread House paper on chipboard and cut them out. Place these in the snow in front of the gingerbread house.
13. Once your Gingerbread House is dry insert it inside the tote to complete your Gingerbread House Tote. Fill the base of the tote with white shredded paper and add Candy Canes and Peppermint Cocoa packets which I will give you directions for tomorrow.
Have fun creating these!! See you tomorrow!!