Sorry, my blog has been quiet for the past 5 days. I had company from out of state and on top of that I have been experiencing a few internet snags. I seemed to have debugged my internet issues, and my playmates have returned home. We had so much fun sharing ideas and techniques.So I have tons to share with you over the next few days. My first guest is a dear friend, I made over the phone and internet. We have been chatting and sharing ideas for a couple of years so it was a very special treat when Sherri Burrisk from Artifacts in Colorado and her husband decided to visit Maine for the first time. The boys did a little fishing and the girls got to play. Some of you may remember the beautiful cards she made with Murdock's Polished Stone paper and spray webbing. - she was my enabler that hooked me on spray webbing and foil. Sherri is a very talented Altered Artist and you can find some of her designs in Design Originals - Shrink Art 101. See all 4 of her projects,on page 20, 28 ,29. So of course we played with a few new toys she brought to share with me and I introduced her to Copic Sketch Markers, Copic Various Inks and the airbrush system! She can't wait to get her hands on them!!
Next we were joined by Theresa Winters from Dreamweaver Stencils, who was kind enough to co -teach my Monday evening class at the last minute!! If you ever get the opportunity you should take a Dreamweaver class from Theresa. She teaches throughout New England and is based out of Rome NY. Theresa is a wealth of information and teaches great fun classes. She is a dreamweaver master and has developed a ton of cool techniques with dreamweaver stencils and paste. In the next few weeks, I hope to share some of what I learned from Theresea as well as the cool things you can now do when you combine the Copic Airbrush system with Dreamweaver stencils. Yeah!! Theresa can't wait to get her hands on some Copic markers too!! Look for some Dreamweaver Creations later this week.Wait til you see the newest embossing paste for Dreamweaver it is Pearlescent!!
It was so great to share ideas with these talented ladies. They encouraged me to contact Kevin at Stampscapes to share with him my blog and the cards I had designed using his stamps. I am very excited and honored that he has now linked my blog to his site under lessons. To visit his great educational site just click on Stampscapes.
Well enough about my great week,back to the St.Nick Card.
I have owned this stamp forever- it is from Inkadinkadoo 94655-X! I just hadn't used it. ( Do you have own any of those kinda stamps??). After creating the Nautical Card, I decided that this would make a beautiful Vintage Christmas Card. For the paper I used two papers from Basic Grey's Fruitcake Collection. FRU-600 Holly Berries/Spearmint and the Stripe is FRU-593 Nutcrakers and Pine. I stamped the image with stazon ink onto my Judkin's laminating sheet. I removed the paper backing from the sheet and placed it in my gold leafing tin that I store my LA D'Ore Goldleafing particles in. I use a tin rather than a tupperware container, because the plastic container contains too much static electricity unlike the tin. This card was created with the smallest flakes of leafing...save every spec. I absolutely loved the effect. Next I used a stencil brush to burnish off the excess leafing and then I adhered it to my card using scotch tacky adhesive.
Now I personally do not have very many vintage embellishements or ribbons, but that simply is no longer a problem once you own Copic Markers. The snowflake button was originally a white gloss and my ribbon was a Christmas Red with white Polka Dots. Using my Copic Airbrush System, I airbrushed the snowflake with B100 and used my Gold Krylon leafing pen to leaf the top surface of the button. Instant Vintage. Next I airbrushed my ribbon with a yellow and a green Copic Sketch marker. The ribbon slide is fro Myra Road and the letters are leftover from my By the Sea Card. the Vinatge corner is from Buttons Galore. I added a little bit more B100 to the button to make it slightly more vintage. To pull the entire card together I used a gold Krylon Pen to edge the Holly Berry paper. Here is a photo of what the embellishments looked like before and after the Copic Airbrush system. This will really let you see visually the transformation:
Can you believe it!! Pretty cool stuff - right!!
See you tomorrow!! And I promise I'll post another Creation!!