These are the cute little packets I made to go inside my Gingerbread House Tote. These make great teacher and secret santa gifts.
Supplies you will need:
Antique Green Polished Stone Paper or Green Tea Polished Stone Paper (Murdock Country Creations),Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon), Hot Cocoa Paper (Su-Lynn Industries) Christmas Trees & Baubles paper,Christmas Cheer ribbon (Creative Imaginations)Candy Cane Sticker (Jolee’s – EK Success) Red velvet bow,Pop Dots, Lettuce Adriondack Ink or Paint Dauber (Ranger) and Ziploc Bags to fit Envelope
- From the Antique Green polished stone paper cut a 4” x 12” strip of paper
- From a coordinating paper cut a 4” x 12” strip of paper. Adhere to the back side of the antique green paper.
- Score at 4 ½ “ turn paper and score at 2 ½”
- At the short end trim the corners of your strip to form a tag like look
- Edge the entire piece with your gold leafing pen.
- From the cocoa food paper cut a hot cocoa mug out and place on chipboard. Trim to size.
- From the Trees & Baubles paper cut a 4” strip of the small ornaments. Place adhesive on only the right side and left side of the strip, so that the center portion is left open. Adhere to the front of your matchbook.
- Cut a 4” piece of Christmas Cheer ribbon and adhere directly under the ornament paper.
- Place the hot cocoa mug on a pop dot and adhere to packet on the left side.
- Place a candy cane on the right side.
- Punch a hole in the top and place red velvet ribbon in hole. Tie on the inside.
- Print the recipe for the making a cup of peppermint cocoa. Trim around the edges and distress with lettuce ink or lettuce paint dauber and mat with a slightly larger Piece of Cinnamon Stick Polished Stone Paper.
- Tuck the recipe under the band of ornaments.
- Place cocoa envelopes in your gingerbread tote.
To make the Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix: Use your favorite pre mixed Hot Cocoa Mix and add Peppermint Candy, crushed into fine pieces. Use one piece of candy per tablespoon of hot cocoa. Stir until well blended and place in a ziplock bag and seal.
Place the following recipe on the front side of your Peppermint Cocoa Packet:
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
To make one serving:
2 T. Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
3/4 cup of boiling water
Whipped cream and a candy cane
Place the cocoa mix in a mug
pour boiling water over the cocoa
Stir until mixed and completely
Garnish with whipped cream and
This pack makes 3 to 4 servings
It was quite cold here today in Maine...we even saw our first snowflakes and I am kinda wishin' that I was sitting here sipping a cup of Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix right about now!! See you tomorrow!!